Combined Heat and Power Plants
TCG hold the local agency for Caterpillar’s Turbomach/Solar Turbines gas turbine business in South Africa. Solar offers factory packaged gas turbine driven generation sets from 1 -22 MW. The sets have three-phase generators, which meet or exceed numerous European and North American standards, and can be equipped to operate in harsh environments. Solar turbine generator sets can be applied in combined-cycle systems or the turbine exhaust heat can be recovered for processes requiring thermal energy.
Not only are Solar Turbines able to operate on gasses such as Coke Oven Gas, Natural Gas, Refinery Gas, Landfill and Digester Gases, but can also operate on liquid fuels such as Kerosene, Gasoline, Naphtas, Biodiesel, Jet A and Diesels.
- No dependence on one single fuel type;
- Turbine fuel system designed according to fuel to be used;
- Same unit can operate with gas or liquid fuel;
- Automatic transfer from gas to liquid fuel during operation;
- Automatic transfer from liquid to gas fuel during operation.